Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Hot Shot Paranormal Investigator


I have been doing my own paranormal investigations for 9 years now. Not only do I have experience from just the act of investigating paranormal claims at residencies and going around the U.S. investigating buildings and land that are said to be haunted. But I have done numerous studies, have written scholarly articles involving demonic possession, dissociative disorder, and abnormal psychology (one particular paper was also an honors paper which I received an A on). I have studied religions both on my own time and in college. I am a bit of a science geek who is obsessed with the universe and I use science in favor of the possibility of spirits and after life. I read as many scientific articles, books, and blogs as possible. Not only that, but I have been collecting investigation equipment since I was 15, and I am tech savvy.

I am a sane, level headed, agnostic, science minded, skeptic, who has also had her own paranormal experiences since the age of 4.

I am a well rounded, intelligent woman who honestly knows her stuff. I am also very capable of being safe and doing things properly.

With that said, I find something very wrong with the way you, who may be better known in the paranormal world than I, talked down to me. On what grounds do you think you are better than me or anyone else who is interested in conducting their own investigations?

I can understand wanting to look out for new comers and maybe wanting to teach them proper investigation etiquette and ways to protect themselves. That is a wonderful way to pass down your knowledge and be one as a community. It is an entirely different story when an investigator is approached by another and is pretty much "told off" for no other reason I can think of but arrogance.

We are equal. Whether you are a newbie or an experienced investigator, we are the same. There is no hierarchy. We are all interested in finding answers and proof of the unexplainable. We should be embracing one another and supporting each other as we build our own name or presence in the field of paranormal investigation. No matter what route you take in the field, whether you form a paranormal group and take cases, choose to focus your research on a more personal basis, do radio shows, or if you don't go public at all, no branch of investigating is better than the other. Being known in your community because you take cases doesn't make you better or more qualified than the person who does things more privately.

I would love to see more people in the community be more open minded and open armed to those who take their own path. I would also love to see everyone working together. TOGETHER. I don't like when I see one investigator suddenly interested in another investigators case because they think the person is doing it wrong and they could do it better. Why don't you get off your high horse and ask to work WITH the person.  Exchange information, techniques, and get to the bottom of the issue. You would be surprised how much more you can accomplish as a team.

Let's get things straight.  You came to ME after you saw a post of mine. You seemed interested in helping me figure something out. I thought you were interested in working WITH me... but instead you berated me like I was a clueless little girl. I am not new, thank you. I do not appreciate your disregard to my background specially after I respectfully told you my story and shared with you my experience and opinions.  My inquisitiveness toward your "ways" and my intellectual debates threaten you.  You made this very clear. Stop defending your poorly thought out beliefs. It is so clear you "go by the book"... you follow what you are told without finding the truth out for yourself. What may have happened to you when you first started out isn't exactly what will happen to others. You look down on those who choose not to follow everything they read or hear without first testing it themselves.

Find a tactful way to share your experiences in a way to educate someone you may have concern for instead of making childish threats and assumptions.

Live and let live. 

And mind your damn business. 


1 comment: